Republic Services, Inc. (RSG) closed today 1.1% below its 52-week high of $ 126.25, giving the company a market cap of $ 39 billion. The stock is currently up 30.4% year-to-date, 37.5% in the past 12 months and 170.8% in the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
- Trading volume this week was 21.9% lower than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market, is 0.7.
- The relative strength index (RSI) of the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend following momentum indicator, indicates a downtrend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger Band, indicating that it may be oversold.
Comparative market performance
- The company’s stock price is the same as the S&P 500 Index, it lags on a one year basis and beats it on a 5 year basis.
- The company’s stock price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, beats it on a one-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the industrial sector, it lags on a one-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis.
Comparative performance by group
- Year-to-date stock market performance beats peer average by 31.6%
- The company’s stock price performance over the past 12 months is -2.9% behind the peer average
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s stock price to its earnings per share, is -55.1% lower than the peer average.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.